To Qualify for Assistance
Please review the criteria below to determine if a family qualifies for assistance. Applications are available through hospitals or cancer centers. We only accept applications submitted to our organization via a Social Worker, Nurse Navigator or other patient representative.
All applications are kept confidential, to the extent we can. We validate all requests. We cannot meet every request, however some assistance is generally available. Our grants are need based and designed to offset the hidden cost for families as they battle cancer.
Angels of Hope reserves the right and the applicant hereby grants permission to share all information provided by the applicant to third parties on an as-needed basis (Dr., Social Worker, Nurse, etc.). Financial assistance is only available to residents of the State of Michigan. Grant funds expire 6-months after award date.
Required supporting documentation:
- A copy of recent pay stub(s) AND (2) months of bank statement(s) – checking and savings; all pages.
- A copy of the applicant or guardian(s) most recent W-2 AND Tax Return(s).
- Copies of bills (utility bills, mortgage coupon, car repair estimate, etc) the family needs help with.
- A clear digital photo (no photo copies or faxed copies) of the applicant. If the patient is a guardian then a photo of the guardian(s) with the child(ren) is required.
- A letter from the treating physician and/or social worker on his/her letterhead stating the type of cancer diagnosed, the treatment prescribed and a statement that the patient is currently in active treatment.
- A letter from the applicant or guardian in their own words describing the hardship caused by the cancer diagnosis.
Email | email@example.com