We only accept applications submitted to our organization via a Social Worker, Nurse Navigator or other hospital representative. All applications are kept confidential, to the extent we can. We validate all requests. We cannot meet every request, however some assistance is generally available. Our grants are need based and designed to offset the hidden cost for families as they battle cancer.
Angels of Hope reserves the right and the applicant hereby grants permission to share all information provided by the applicant to third parties on an as-needed basis (Dr., Social Worker, Nurse, etc.). Financial assistance is only available to residents of the State of Michigan. Grant funds expire 6-months after award date. Before proceeding, please have the following available as part of the application process:
- A completed and signed Angels of Hope application (electronic signature accepted).
- A copy of recent pay stub(s) AND (2) months of bank statement(s) – checking and savings; all pages.
- A copy of the guardian(s) most recent W-2 AND Tax Return(s).
- Copies of bills (utility bills, mortgage coupon, car repair estimate, etc) the family needs help with.
- A clear digital photo (no photo copies or faxed copies) of the applicant. If the patient is a parent then a photo of the parent(s) with the child(ren) is required.
- A letter from the treating physician and/or social worker on his/her letterhead stating the type of cancer diagnosed, the treatment prescribed and a statement that the patient is currently in active treatment.
- A letter from the applicant in their own words describing the current situation and hardship caused by the cancer diagnosis.